Thursday, February 7, 2008

2008 Topps is Here!


I got out of work a bit early today and decided to swing by the local card shop on my way home to pick up some supplies. I've been craving something new to open, and given that I'd heard 2008 Topps was delayed until tomorrow I was prepared to settle for a pack of '08 Upper Deck. I was shocked when I looked behind the counter and saw '08 Topps!

I picked up a jumbo pack (which I think I overpaid for at $11.50) as well as a regular hobby pack. Here's what I got in the hobby pack:

#153 - Luis Mendoza (Rookie) #140 - Brandon Webb
#326 - N.L. Batting Average Leaders
#259 - Emilio Bonifacio (Rookie)
#166 - Andy Sonnanstine

#124 - Bob Geren (Manager)
#215 - Bobby Jenks (Gold #0076/2008)
#263 - Nook Logan
#111 - Ubaldo Jimenez
#95 - John Lackey

OK, so not the world's most exciting pack. However, my first impression is that this is a great set, and one I intend to collect. Good crisp photos (although all of the pitcher cards in this pack seem to show a very similar wind-up action shot) and great colors. I really like the back of the cards, too. If I get anything great in the jumbo pack I'll post that here as well.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...