Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Some More 2008 Upper Deck Hockey

I picked up two hobby packs of 2008 Upper Deck hockey a couple of weeks ago, and ripped one on A Pack a Day. The cards have really grown on me, so here are two more hobby packs:

Pack 1

#145 - Michael Peca - Columbus Blue Jackets - What are the odds, I already pulled this card in one of my first two packs...

#16 - Vesa Toskala - Toronto Maple Leafs - About to make an outstretched glove save. I think Upper Deck's great photography stands out even more on the goalie cards.


#119 - Andrew Cogliano - Edmonton Oilers - Crap, already pulled this one too...

#142 - Jared Boll - Columbus Blue Jackets - Alright, this is not funny.

#92 - Francis Bouillon - Montreal Canadiens - OK, don't have this one yet!

#157 - Adam Burish - Chicago Blackhawks - This is ridiculous, damn you collation!

#51 - Zbynek Michalek - Phoenix Coyotes

#HT9 - Henrik Zetterberg - Detroit Red Wings - Hat Trick Heroes - Perfect way to finish off a terrible pack. I already pulled this card as well. So, let's get the final tally here...I opened two packs of this stuff previously, for a grand total of 16 cards. In this 3rd pack I already had 5 of the 8 cards. Chalk it up to bad luck I guess, the doubles have already been added to my Available for Trade list if anyone's interested. I think the Zetterberg insert is already spoken for by someone who was at the game depicted on the card!

Pack 2

#22 - Paul Ranger - Tampa Bay Lightning

#160 - Duncan Keith - Chicago Blackhawks

#181 - Tim Thomas - Boston Bruins - Sweet, just four packs opened and I've already pulled both members of Boston's outstanding goaltending tandum.

#76 - Rick DiPietro - New York Islanders - See what I mean about the goalie cards?

#192 - Erik Christensen - Atlanta Thrashers - No idea who this guy is...

#64 - Mike Fisher - Ottawa Senators

#29 - Paul Kariya - St. Louis Blues

#153 - Jordan Leopold - Colorado Avalanche - Much better pack, I needed all 8 of these. Once again Upper Deck does not disappoint, I will definitely be picking up some more of this.

1 comment:

Sal said...

Once again, Upper Deck blends awesome photography with bland design. Most of the time, I wish they'd remove all elements from the card fronts, and just show the photos unencumbered by lame fonts or arbitrary lines.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...