Thursday, January 22, 2009

Krejci Card from Sweden!

Recent changes in eBay's policies and fees have driven a lot of card collectors from the site and forced them to look elsewhere for their online purchases. While I agree that some of these changes have negatively impacted card sales on eBay, especially when it comes to picking up single commons, etc., there are still plenty of great deals to be found.

I received one such great deal in the mail just the other day. This package contained a David Krejci card that I purchased a couple of months back. Krejci is my favorite player, and I picked up a few of his high-end cards a while ago. He's quickly risen to become one of the elite young players in the NHL though, and as a result I've been priced out of becoming a Krejci super-collector.

For now I'll just enjoy the cards I was able to pick up before he gained notoriety. I grabbed this 2007 O-Pee-Chee Premier card which is autographed, contains 4 jersey swatches, and is serial numbered to 299. Even though this was shipped all the way from Sweden, the seller charged a mere $3.00 for shipping costs, and I got the card with shipping included for about the price of a blaster.


Not a bad looking card, huh? I think it's safe to say this is the only card in my collection that has been in Sweden!

While I'm on the subject, I find it absolutely ridiculous that Krejci was not invited to participate in the NHL's Youngstars game. The NHL All-Star game is a joke to me as it is, an event that I think is put together mainly to provide a fun weekend for large corporate sponsors. I wish someone could justify why Krejci was left off of the sophomore roster. As far as I know, the players for the Youngstars game are chosen by the NHL, not fan voting. At age 22, this guy is 11th in the league in scoring, with 52 points in just 47 games, more points than anyone else who is participating in the Youngstars game. I heard a statistic recently that he has more points than anyone in the league since November 19th. Let me state that again. Nobody has tallied more points (not Evgeni Malkin, Alex Ovechkin, or Sidney Crosby) since November 19th than David Krejci. He's been the single hottest player in the league for over 2 months now, yet has been left out of the Youngstars game! Not only that but his playing style and puck-handling is very exciting to watch, he's the exact type of player I would think the NHL would want to showcase over the All-Star weekend. What a joke.

I'd be interested in knowing what anyone who's reading this thinks of the NHL All-Star game? I am alone in thinking that the whole thing is pretty pointless?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...