Monday, February 9, 2009

Random Thoughts on a Monday

Here's an awesome Tony Esposito card, his 1983-84 O-Pee-Chee. Nice glove save and nice mask. Every time I come across a Tony Esposito card it instantly becomes a favorite. I might have to start collecting this guy...

I wrote a quick post over the weekend when I was watching SportsCenter and saw that Rodriguez reportedly tested positive for steroids back in 2003. Very disappointing and not really the world's biggest surprise. Well today Alex Rodriguez acknowledged that he took illegal substances during his years with the Rangers. While I still lose a great deal of respect for the guy, he at least has the decency to admit his mistake, and thus will only be relegated in my mind to the level of Jason Giambi and Andy Pettitte. That's a much better place to be than on a par with say Mark McGwire, Rafael Palmeiro or even (shudder) Barry Bonds.
He's still an ego-centric jerk as far as I can tell, but at least today's admission prevents me from having to rid my collection of all Alex Rodriguez cards.

Finally, here's a 2008-09 Upper Deck card of Adam Burish. Thanks to Hockey Night in Canada, which I get on Vs. here in the states and DVR every week, I just learned that the Blackhawks winger at one point served as a security guard on the Jerry Springer show. There's a free nugget of knowledge you can use next time you're at a cocktail party with some Blackhawks fans. You can thank me later.

1 comment:

Sal said...

I think I have an extra 81-82 Topps (unsigned) card of Esposito that I'll throw in with the other cards I have for you.

Did you get my email about those cards (UD & OPC)?

I did not send them yet...been busy, but am planning a trip to the P.O on Tuesday or Wednesday afternoon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...