Thursday, July 30, 2009

I Hate the Sport of Baseball Right Now...

I'm not one of those fans who is so die-hard that they deny the problems with steriods in baseball have existed on the team they follow. I'm realistic enough to acknowledge that I'm sure there have been (and probably still are) players on EVERY team who have cheated and will continue to cheat.

That doesn't mean that it hurts any less when you find out the truth. I tried to stay positive and tell myself that Ortiz's slump at the beginning of the season had nothing to do with performance enhancers, but in the back of my mind there was that nagging feeling, which appears to have now been confirmed. I won't lie, that miraculous 2004 World Series Championship seems a little less magical in light of this.

I'm really getting sick of baseball...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you still entertained by it? If so, congrats - it's been an entertainment business all along!

Look, I've been as disappointed as the next guy about each name that gets revealed as a PED user, but it's really just opened my eyes to the business side of it. I think once you realize that underneath it all it's ONLY an entertainment business, you'll be fine.

Personally, I don't even care any more. There's still drama over close games, blown saves, wins, losses, perfect games, mammoth home runs - who really cares if it's "tainted"?

Dinged Corners said...

Agree about all the cheaters. Between that and the odd trades going on, it's eyeroll time. But inevitably we'll get over it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...