Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Pack Rip - 2008-09 Upper Deck Ice

Here's another random pack I picked up on a trip to the hobby shop probably 3 or 4 months ago and let sit on the shelf for a rainy day. I've never been a big fan of the Ice sets and have no intention of collecting this one, but I guess I just wanted to satisfy my curiosity and see what the 08-09 release looked like. 5 cards in the pack...
#67 - Olli Jokinen - Phoenix Coyotes - You can tell this set came out a while back as Jokinen is featured with the Coyotes, the team that dealt him to Calgary at the trading deadline.

#54 - Marty Turco - Dallas Stars - I don't mind the look of these cards. At first I thought they were ugly but they're kind of growing on me...

#68 - Patrice Bergeron - Boston Bruins - Nice to pull a card of Bergeron. He's been reliable since coming back from the concussion but just seems to have lost a little edge or maybe confidence.

#64 - Nicklas Backstrom - Washington Capitals - One of the Capitals young stars who along with Ovechkin have made the team feared once again.

#17 - Cristobal Huet - Chicago Blackhawks - Probably the best looking card in the pack. I would've sent this one off to Sal at Puck Junk had I not mailed out his package earlier this week.

Well this was pretty much what I expected. Nice looking cards but nothing too exciting and definitely overpriced at 5 cards for $3. I believe there are numbered rookie cards that are the big hit in this set. It seems more geared towards the box buster or prospector than the average set collector.

1 comment:

Fuji said...

I liked Ice better when it was an all acetate base set. Those cards looked cool.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...