Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Thanks to Dan of Saints of the Cheap Seats

I don't do a ton of trading, but nonetheless I always seem to find myself behind in posting about trades. I've come to realize that I will simply never have the time to detail every trade I make (I don't know how some of you do it!), so please don't be offended if you send me cards and I don't mention it specifically in a post. I hope the cards I send you in return are thanks enough! At the same time, I would like to keep up with these as much as possible. So, today I owe a belated thanks to Dan of Saints of the Cheap Seats. We arranged a trade a while back (through Zistle!). I think I sent Dan somewhere around a dozen 2007 Topps Heritage short prints that he needed (gave up on trying to complete that one), and he sent me a great stack of cards in return. In addition to some older miscellaneous cards, he included the very first 2009 Goudey cards in my collection:
#24 - Justin Masterson - I think this guy's got a great career ahead of him. I was somewhat sad to see him go, but after witnessing Victor Martinez's first few weeks on the team, it's hard to argue with the move that was made to bring him to town. I hope Justin has a lot of success in Cleveland as a starter though!
#33 - J.D. Drew - The batting average hasn't been spectacular this year, but when your number 8 hitter has accumulated 16 HR and 50 RBI at this point in the season you know you've got a good lineup.
#30 - Jonathan Papelbon - The Sox closer has been pretty vocal this week about the potential addition of Billy Wagner. I'd like to see the Red Sox grab him, but not if it's going to have too great an impact on team chemistry. The bullpen has been spectacular this year, there's no need to ruffle the feathers too much. Dan also sent some '09 Topps Heritage Sox cards...
#117 - Michael Bowden - This poor guy took one for the team in Friday night's absolute clobbering at the hands of the Yankees. Welcome to the bigs fella!
#153 - Jacoby Ellsbury - These Heritage cards are much appreciated. Although I purchased around 10 hobby packs before deciding the set wasn't for me, I pulled precious few Red Sox. This package really helped improve my collection.
#230 - Mound Magicians - I guess Matsuzaka's magic trick was disappearing from the team...
#280 - Tim Wakefield - Tim got off to one of the best starts to his career this year, but found himself on the DL shortly after his first ever All-Star game appearance. He's already been rehabbing with the AAA Pawtucket Red Sox and would be a huge addition to a struggling starting rotation heading down the stretch. And finally, the best card in the package...

2007 Upper Deck Goudey - Goudey Graphs - Coco Crisp - This was an unexpected throw in that is greatly appreciated. My Red Sox auto collection is terrible, in fact this might be the only certified Red Sox auto I own. I always liked watching Coco patrol center field, even if there were times when it seemed like he was a guaranteed out at the plate.

Dan, thank you so much for the fantastic trade and I'm terribly sorry it took me so long to acknowledge the great cards you sent me way. I appreciate it!!!

1 comment:

Dan said...

No worries, mate. It takes me a long time as well, and sometimes I totally forget to thank someone.

More will be on the way soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...