Sunday, November 29, 2009

Pack Rip - 2009-10 O-Pee-Chee Hockey (Retail)

I probably won't be spending any money on cards until after the holidays, so I'm going to try to survive off of the small stash of packs in my card closet for the time being. I'll be posting quite a few pack rips in the next few weeks. I'm going to start off with a retail pack of 2009-10 O-Pee-Chee hockey. I like to get at least a pack or two of each new hockey release, and I picked this up at Target about a week ago. 6 cards for $1.59.

#386 - Paul Gaustad - Buffalo Sabres - Gritty center, Buffalo fan favorite. I like these cards but I don't have time to collect a 600-card set at the moment.

#67 - Josh Harding - Minnesota Wild - 1-3 with a 3.41 GAA so far this year. Not off to a great start with this pack...

#540 - John Negrin - Calgary Flames - Marquee Rookie - A "short-printed" Marquee Rookie card. As far as I can tell, John appeared in 3 games for Calgary last year and has not seen NHL action at all so far in 2009-10.

#398 - Evgeni Malkin - Pittsburgh Penguins - Best card in the pack, easily. I love the retro style 3rd jersey but I wish Upper Deck would've used a baby blue border to match it instead of the normal border color for a Penguins card.

#179 - Steve Staios - Edmonton Oilers

#450 - Nathan Horton - Florida Panthers - A Florida Panther to finish out the pack.

Well, they can't all be winners but I guess the Horton and the Malkin make this a decent pack for a buck and a half...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...