Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Thank You Justin G!

I've received a couple of packages in the last week or two that and would like to provide the proper "thank you post" for each. First up was an unexpected package from Justin G. of Is This a Wasteland - No It's Tampa Bay Sports. Justin was kind enough to send a small package of cards out of the blue. Here's what was included:

8 2006-07 O-Pee-Chee Boston Bruins cards were thrown in, including these 6. Remarkably, I needed 7 out of the 8! These cards are only 3 years old, yet 5 of these 6 players are no longer with the team.

2010 Topps - TOG-2 - The Curse of the Bambino - I'm sure Justin sent this along because Ruth is pictured in a Red Sox jersey. Little did he know that Tales of the Game is the lone insert set I'm actually going to try to collect from the 2010 Topps release, and this is one I didn't have!

2009 Upper Deck X - UDXJ-YO - Kevin Youkilis Jersey - Sweet! This is my first game-used/relic Youkilis card. I didn't buy so much as a single pack of Upper Deck X last year, but I've ended up with a handful of Sox thanks to all the generous bloggers out there. Finally, my favorite card from the package:

2006-07 Parkhurst - #182 - Wayne Cashman - Captains #'d 3243/3999 - The 2006-07 Parkhurst set is one I'd love to build one day. In fact, once I get through my 09-10 Upper Deck set I may have to make this one next on the list. These "Captains" subset cards are numbered to 3999.

Thank you so much for the thoughtful package Justin! I'll do my best to get something back to you soon.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...