Sunday, May 29, 2011

Pack Rip - Another 2011 Gypsy Queen Value Pack

Since I enjoyed my first 2011 Gypsy Queen value pack so much, and was fortunate enough to pull an auto of a pretty solid starting pitcher, I figured I'd give it another shot and grabbed a few more value packs. Here's my second one in its entirety, starting with the Framed Green parallels:

#64 - Josh Hamilton

#35 - Pee Wee Reese

Awesome! Any new Brooklyn Dodgers card is alright in my book. Sure I prefer it when they're from the 1950's, but I'll take what I can get.

#26 - Adrian Gonzalez

Pee Wee Reese and my first card of Adrian Gonzalez (who is absolutely RAKING so far this year) with the Red Sox! I think I did better with my framed green cards here than I did in the first pack.

Pack 1:

#100 - Nolan Ryan

Some day I'll gather all my Nolan Ryan's in one place for a final count, but I'm betting I'm up over 300 or so unique cards.

#104 - Lucas Duda

#300 - Franklin Gutierrez

#GQA-CB - Clay Buchholz - Autograph

I was beyond excited when I flipped the Franklin Gutierrez out of the way and revealed this card. I know my luck can't keep up like this, but two autos in two value packs is pretty damn good. This one blows the Gio Gonzalez auto out of the water! This is my first autograph of the young Sox pitching phenom, and if I'm not mistaken it's the first time I've ever pulled a Red Sox auto from a pack.

Mini #217 - Adrian Beltre

#HH24 - Home Run Heroes - Rogers Hornsby

In my last rip I commented that I could do without the Home Run Heroes insert set. Well, in retrospect I think my opinion was tainted by the fact that Mark Teixeira was the lone Home Run Heroes card I happened to pull. These actually look much nicer with a retired Hall-of-Famer on them than with a dirty Yankee. I retract my previous statement, this is a nice set.

Checklist 3 of 4

Pack 2:

#82 - Starlin Castro

#172 - Ryan Zimmerman

#265 - Stephen Drew

#WC3 - Wall Climbers - Nick Swisher

Mini #133 - Pablo Sandoval

#HH20 - Home Run Heroes - Johnny Bench

Yup, definitely do enjoy the Home Run Heroes inserts. This insert saved what would've been an awfully dreary pack.

Pack 3:

#36 - Vladimir Guerrero

#250 - Joe Saunders

#259 - Aubrey Huff

#272 - Felix Pie

Mini #326 - Chase Utley

I asked this last time as well, but I'm assuming there are no short prints when it comes to minis, and that all 350 minis are seeded at the same rate?

#349 - Xavier Nady - SP

Well that was a winner. Packs 2 and 3 weren't all that exciting, however I did get another short print and the Buchholz auto. Throw in the Nolan Ryan base card and the Adrian Gonzalez framed green parallel and I think this value pack was even better than the first.

I've got a few more of these to get through. Bob, maybe when I get back in a couple weeks we can get a trade going?

3 comments:

the sewingmachineguy said...

Dang! If I send you $6 bucks will you grab me one of those val-packs with the guaranteed auto?

Greg Zakwin said...

Congrats on the pull!

wolverine musings said...

as Rod Stewart once sang, " Some guys have all the luck....some guys have all the fun..."

Nice pull!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...