Thursday, October 11, 2012

Adrian Gonzalez, We Hardly Knew Ye - My First Non-Printing Plate 1/1

Fresh from the mailbox here's the latest addition to my Adrian Gonzalez collection:

This is the Ruby Parallel from the 2012 Topps Triple Threads set.  There are a few different colored parallels in this set, each with a different print run, but ruby are the most rare at just one copy of each in existence.  It's a rarity when I buy wax, and I certainly don't buy high end when I do cave in, so I didn't know the first thing about Triple Threads when I purchased this card.  Well, I did know that it sounded expensive I guess.  I got this card for what seems to me like a steal for a 1/1.  $5.50 plus a couple bucks for shipping.

I just checked and it looks like this stuff goes for $184.95 a box (DA Card World) at the time I'm posting this.  How many packs per box?  How about two!  Eesh!  I'll be looking for the other Gonzalez parallels and that's about it from this product...

Adrian Gonzalez Red Sox Cards - Count
Total Cards - 32
#'d /2011 - 1
#'d /999 - 1
#'d/199 - 1
#'d/100 - 1
#'d/75 - 1
#'d /60 - 1
#'d/50 - 1
#'d/25 - 1
1/1 - 5
Relics - 0
Silk - 0
Autographs - 0
Printing Plates - 4

1 comment:

Greg Zakwin said...

a steal indeed, congrats!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...