Sunday, February 24, 2013

Signature Sundays - Adrian Gonzalez

Coming later this week I have some more trade posts, including packages from David at Can't Have Too Many Cards and Douglas from Sports Cards from the Dollar Store.  Those will have to come later though, because it's Sunday, and you know what that means here at Shoebox Legends.  This week's Signature Sundays post features my very first Adrian Gonzalez Red Sox autograph!

This beauty is from last year's Allen & Ginter set.  It's my fourth Red Sox A & G auto overall, but my first from the 2012 set.  I really like the darker border that was utilized for this past year's autograph cards.  Adrian doesn't exactly have the most exciting signature, but at least it's large and bold, I've certainly seen much worse.

This one takes me to 46 unique Gonzalez cards and counting.  I paid $29 and change for this card, plus shipping, when I picked it up this past September.  That's definitely more than I'd typically shell out for an auto (20% of my card budget for an entire month), but in this case I just had to have the card.  I'm glad I sprung for it too, because they aren't exactly that common.  In fact, searching eBay and COMC right now I can't locate another one at any price.

Of all the Gonzalez autos out there, this is certainly a great way to start.  Now I just need to find a 2011 A&G Gonzalez auto to pair with this one...

Adrian Gonzalez Red Sox Cards - Count

Total Cards - 46

#'d /2011 - 1
#'d /999 - 1
#'d/199 - 1
#'d/100 - 2
#'d/99 - 1
#'d/75 - 1
#'d /60 - 1
#'d/50 - 2
#'d/25 - 2
#'d/10 - 1
1/1 - 6
Relics - 1
Silk - 1
Autographs - 1
Printing Plates - 5

2 comments:

Brad's Blog said...

Hey man i lost the email somewhere along the way, whats topps archives cards do you need? I have a ton of base i can trade to complete your set

Zayden said...

That is a really nice piece!! I would definitely be proud to have that one. I can't wait for this year's A&G as well!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...