Sunday, July 14, 2013

Signature Sundays - Fred Lynn

Here's another Fan Favorites Autograph from this year's Archives set, and another auto that I've wanted for my Red Sox collection for what feels like forever now...

What a fantastic card of the man who, as most baseball fans know, was the first to ever be awarded Rookie of the Year and MVP in the same season.  While Fred did go on to enjoy a lengthy career in pro ball, that 1975 season is the one he'll always be remembered by, so I'm glad my autograph is on the '75 Topps design.

Aside from the MVP and Rookie of the Year hardware, Lynn would become a 9-time All-Star and 4-time Gold Glove winner before hanging up the spikes.  He even eclipsed 300 career home runs, not too shabby at all.  Best of all, Lynn has a nice, large, clearly legible signature.

I've got one more auto from this year's Archives to show off in the coming weeks, and that's about it for me as far as this set goes...

1 comment:

Fuji said...

Beautiful card. I'm watching a pair of these on eBay in hopes of grabbing one for my set.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...