Saturday, February 8, 2014

Zistle Trade - halos17

Recently I participated in my first Zistle exchange with user halos17.  It was a quick and easy swap, as most Zistle trades are...a few cards from my doubles box out the door and a few cards knocked off my want list in return.  If you still don't have your collection (or at the very least your want and trade lists) on Zistle, what are you waiting for?  Seems like people are flocking there by the hundreds lately and there is a ton of good trade bait to be had out there.  In this case the cards were all Red Sox that filled long-overdue team set needs.

This '89 Donruss Mike Greenwell was probably my favorite card in the package.  It screams '80s and is from the "junk wax" overproduction era, but this is anything but junk as far as I'm concerned.  It's actually the very first card on the 1989 Donruss checklist. 

There were a trio of '89 Donruss accompanying the Greenwell DK in the envelope, all three decent or better players.  Wade Boggs...

...Marty Barrett...

...and Ellis Burks.  If I'm not mistaken these bring me within two measly cards of finally knocking off my team set.

Another team set I'm getting closer with is '90 Bowman, and this package got me two cards closer in the form of Mike Rochford...

and Dewey Evans!

It wasn't all '80s and '90s, however, as two cards dropped off my 2007 Upper Deck want list.  This is an early card of Pedroia, with his rookie coming the year prior in '06 UD flagship.

Fan favorite Trot Nixon didn't actually play with the Red Sox in 2007, having signed with the Indians in the off-season, but Upper Deck couldn't adjust quickly enough given that this card was in Series 1.

Closing things out is a nice 2009 Goudey card of Big Papi.  Some of the '09 Goudey cards looked very strange to say the least, but this is actually a decent enough representation of Ortiz.

I'm not sure if you follow blogs or will read this, but if so thanks for a fantastic trade Rob!!!

2 comments:

Corky said...

I recently joined Zistle, I haven't made any trades yet, but it is a nice way to organize my collection.

shoeboxlegends said...

Yeah great site isn't it? I'm up to nearly 30,000 card tracked in my online collection on there, love it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...