Tuesday, August 26, 2014

A Damaged Olerud Leads to a New Yaz

A while back I saw a really great John Olerud Bazooka card on one of the many blogs I read. I don't even recall where it was any longer, but I know that I wanted a copy of my own as soon as I saw it.  A few weeks later I found a very reasonably priced copy on eBay with free shipping and the card was mine.  Just one problem when it showed up...

See that giant crease/fold on the bottom of the card where the swatch is?  Definitely did not have that when it was listed, I think it occurred in transit.  I reached out to the seller who said I could pick any similarly priced card I wanted from his inventory as a replacement.

I settled on this Yaz Sport Royalty subset card from 2008 Goudey.  As you can see, Carl arrived in much better shape than John did.  This is the mini version, and if you care about this sort of thing it's the blue back variation:

I still haven't replaced the Olerud, but I am on the lookout for a new copy.  In the meantime a creased version is better than nothing, and at least I got a new Yastrzemski card out of the deal...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...