Monday, March 16, 2015

One Card Post - Atomic Youkilis

What:  2011 Topps Chrome Atomic Refractor #90 - Kevin Youkilis (#'d /225)
Where:  COMC
How Much?:  $.89

Why?
:  As I've confessed here before, I'm a slave to anything shiny.  The atomic refractors from Topps Chrome have to be some of the nicest refractors I've ever laid eyes on.  Just look at the colors in that scan!  Unlike some more recent Topps Chrome sets where the atomic refractors were super tough to pull, the 2011 cards are more plentiful at 225 copies each.  Fine with me if it allows me to add a great Red Sox card like this to my collection for about what a candy bar sells for nowadays...


6 comments:

The Junior Junkie said...

I've got to pick up one of these. They scan beautifully.

shoeboxlegends said...

Thanks, I agree! One of those very rare cases where the scan looks as good or better than the actual card.

The Junior Junkie said...

Yep. Grabbed a Helton. Looks great in purple, too.

Anonymous said...

That's a beautiful card! I think now they're numbered to 5 instead of 225 or whatever it was numbered to back then.

shoeboxlegends said...

You're right Frankie. I guess Topps said let's take a good thing and make it rarer!

Mark Kaz said...

Perfect scan. Looks like a stained-glass window!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...