Sunday, April 26, 2015

Signature Sundays - Al Arbour

Today I've got an autograph from 2006-07 Parkhurst that showcases the greatest trophy in all of sports:

I've been after a copy of this Al Arbour autograph for quite a while now, and recently one fell into my hands at the right price.  I think this photo does as good a job as any I've seen of conveying the feeling of excitement that comes from winning the Stanley Cup.  Al looks like a 6-year-old that just found the toy firetruck he'd been hoping for all year under the Christmas tree. 

I'm guessing this photo was maybe somewhere in the middle of the Islanders' back-to-back-to-back-to-back championships in the early '80s, and that maybe those rings on Al's finger are from previous Cup wins?  Either way, what a great shot that makes for a really unique on-card autograph of one of the most successful coaches in hockey history.

This card has me thinking that maybe I need to dedicate a binder to hockey cards that depict the actual Stanley Cup in the photograph.  Might be a fun project, think I may give it a shot...

5 comments:

Tim B. said...

That's a great auto!

Hackenbush said...

Al's in my collection as a 1961 Blackhawks champion.

Unknown said...

I was only recently made aware of this fantastic card via reader Marc, a Bruins fan. I can't recall if his was an auto, but clearly yours is and is a gem!

I like the idea and would also like to consider building up a bunch of binder pages devoted to The Cup on cards, nice one!

Pro Set Cards said...

Just down right sweet!

shoeboxlegends said...

Thanks guys! Underdog, Marc's is the auto as well! I talk with him frequently and we actually picked ours up around the same time!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...