Sunday, March 20, 2016

Signature Sundays - Retro Krejci

Just realized I've yet to do a Signature Sundays post in the month of March, yikes!  With one last winter storm about to land in my area any minute now, a hockey card seemed most appropriate for tonight...

This '94 SP Retro Autograph is my latest cardboard signature of the guy who's been my favorite Bruin for seven or eight years now, center David Krejci.  There was a time years ago when I considered myself a Krejci player collector, but it didn't take me long to realize that type of collecting just isn't for me.  I still take a look at new Krejci cards every once in a while though, and I couldn't resist this die-cut auto based on the '94-95 SP cards I loved so much in my collecting youth.

The design is not an exact match, as these just have rounded edges on both right-side corners, whereas the original '94-95 die-cuts had sort of a long, slim "bump" that protruded from the right side of the card (the Patrick Roy in this post is an example of what I mean).  Close enough for government work though, and I love the bright, bold, on-card autograph.

Upper Deck did a great job with these.  There's a Mike Liut Whalers auto from this same subset I'd love to grab a copy of at some point if the price is right.

That's all for tonight, for those of you who live in my region of the country I hope you enjoy one last round of shoveling out tomorrow morning!

2 comments:

Hackenbush said...

Nice card. Looks like we in the Midwest may have one more snow event coming Wednesday night. Winter never ends up here.

Marc said...

Nice autograph. Until you mentioned it, I'd forgotten about the "bump" on the 1994 SP die cuts. Didn't have to shovel but the morning commute was slow.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...