Tuesday, February 20, 2018

One Card Post - A Partner for Plante

What:  1957-58 Parkhurst #7 - Ron Stewart
Where: eBay
How Much?:  $10.00

Why?:  I was drawn to this one because I love vintage hockey cards, and because I thought it would pair nicely with the beautiful Jacques Plante I landed from this set last year.  Like the Plante, this card is in impressive condition given that it's now more than 60 years old.

Ron was a member of the Maple Leafs team that won three consecutive Stanley Cups in the early '60s.  In the latter half of his career he spent time with the Bruins, Blues, Canucks and Rangers.  Stewart even played in 18 games for the Providence Reds of the AHL during the '71-72 season, something I wasn't aware of when I purchased the card but that gives it a cool local connection for me.

As I said when I posted the Plante from this set last year, the backs aren't the most exciting you've ever seen by any means.

Still, a beautiful card, and I had no problem shelling out ten bucks to land my second single from this release.  This is the penultimate card from the small hockey order I placed at the very beginning of 2018; I'll get the last one up sometime in the next week!

Thanks as always for stopping by!

3 comments:

Billy Kingsley said...

Very cool! While it may not be flashy, I like that the back has a lot of text to it, even if some of it is just a duplication in French.

Commishbob said...

Love that card. Stewart was a favorite of mine when he was a Ranger. Never much of a scorer but he was very much a defensive whiz.

Marc said...

That sure is a beauty. No idea he played in Providence and no mention of the Sawchuk incident.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...