Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Red Sox Collection - Some More Gypsy Queen

I hope everyone here in the US had an enjoyable Labor Day weekend. I guess summer is officially over now, back to the grind. I don't have much time today, so in lieu of a legitimate post here are a couple of scans of Red Sox Gypsy Queen pick-ups from earlier this summer. They've been sitting in the draft folder for a couple of months now.

As I mentioned before, I've been picking up a few Adrian Gonzalez Sox cards from 2011 sets. Of course I had to grab the Gypsy Queen Framed Paper parallel. This is my 3rd Framed Paper Red Sox card (I picked up Lester and Crawford in my COMC hobby box), and my 14th Framed Paper insert overall. Still a long way from 100...

The same seller offered a nice discount for combined shipping, so I looked through the rest of his items and ended up winning one other card:

I couldn't pass this one up for just a couple of bucks. Not the world's most exciting card, but it's more interesting than a plain white swatch at least. The Red Sox could really use Youk's bat back in the lineup, yesterday's 1-0 extra innings loss to Toronto is a prime example of why. The team is getting riddled with injuries, and is in a bit of a slump recently. They now sit 2.5 games behind New York for first place in the AL East. Maybe things will start to turn around this evening...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...