Monday, October 3, 2011

Panini Dominion Brass Bonanza - Keith Primeau

I think I went on long enough about how much I like these cards when I posted the first one on Saturday, so let's just get on with it and see the second pick-up from this 10-card insert set. Today's post features card #3 from the set, Keith Primeau:

Keith's time in Hartford was brief. He was traded to the Whalers just before the 1996-97 season from Detroit (along with blue-liner Paul Coffey). In return the Whalers sent Brendan Shanahan to the Motor City. In 1996-97 with the Whalers, Primeau appeared in 79 games, registering 26 goals, 25 assists, and 161 PIM. The team did not make the playoffs. On the other hand, Shanahan went on to win 3 Stanley Cups with the Red Wings (including the first two seasons after the trade), something Keith was never able to do in his 15-year career.

I'm guessing Keith may not be the biggest fan of the Hartford Whalers...

As the back of the card indicates, the Whalers packed up and headed down to Carolina for the 1997-98 season. So, as it turns out, the 96-97 campaign would be the only one Primeau would spend with the Whalers. This card's a welcome addition to my collection nonetheless. 2 down, 8 to go...

My Set:

#3 - Keith Primeau (#'d/50)
#8 - Daryl Reaugh (#'d/50)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...