Sunday, April 21, 2013

Signature Sundays - Dave Babych

Not much time today, so here's a quick auto while I have a minute:

I've grabbed nearly all of the Whalers autographs from 2012-13 Panini Classics, but that doesn't mean I'm done with the set.  I know I'm starting to sound like a broken record but Panini really caught my attention with this release.  The checklist has so many players from my days of youth NHL fandom that I just can't pass up on the on-card autos given how little they typically go for.

Today's card is a perfect example.  I picked up this Dave Babych auto from the same seller as my Dave Tippett, for the low price of $3.83.  Someday I'd love to add a certified Babych auto where he's depicted with the Whalers, but for now this is a more than acceptable placeholder.  Awesome photo, awesome retro uniform and equipment, awesome on-card auto with uniform number.  Great looking piece of cardboard all around.

Here's another look at the backs, also well done in my humble opinion.  Apologies if you're sick of this set, but you'll be seeing some more in future Signature Sundays posts!

1 comment:

Pro Set Cards said...

A grossly underrated defenseman with a beautiful signature. I picked up his auto from the decades set which featured the Jets uniform as well. Good luck landing the Whalers one, might be worth the TTM attempt.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...