Friday, June 7, 2013

Another Vintage Pesky

There's cause for celebration here at Shoebox Legends headquarters, as tonight begins my first week off from work in around 9 months.  On top of that I'm sitting down with an ice cold six pack and tuning in to watch the unbelievable Penguins/Bruins series continue with the B's up three games to none (who predicted this?).  Anyway, while I'm enjoying the game and some beverages, here's one of the newest additions to my baseball card collection, a card I've coveted for quite some time now:

I'm sure I've said this before, but if the day comes where by some miracle I knock off my 1953 Topps set, 1952 Bowman would probably be the set I'd pursue next.  In fact, some weeks I think I like this set more than I do '53 Topps.  The cards are just beautiful, and Johnny Pesky's is a fine example.  This one has Pesky depicted against a fantastic old school ballpark background.

If you're fortunate enough to be a fan of a team that was around in the early '50s and you don't have one of these, you really owe it to yourself to pick one up.  Even if your team wasn't around way back then and you just like baseball cards, buy at least one card from this set.  You should be able to find one in great shape for less than $10, $5 if you're savvy.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...