Friday, November 8, 2013

Adrian Gonzalez, We Hardly Knew Ye - Closer to a Chrome Rainbow!

A few weeks back a card surfaced on eBay that I'd been in search of for well over a year now.  I knew I had to make an effort to snag it at a reasonable price, and thankfully the seller accepted my offer for around the cost of a blaster.  A few days later this arrived in my mailbox:

This would be the yellow printing plate used to make Adrian Gonzalez' 2012 Topps Chrome card.  I'm interested in any new cards from Adrian's short time with the Red Sox, and this also gets me one plate closer to my goal of 10 by year's end.

So what's so special about this plate that I was willing to fork over around $20 for it?  Well it fits quite nicely in with my other 2012 Topps Chrome Gonzalez cards...

...standard base card...

...standard refractor...

...purple refractor...

...orange refractor...

...x-fractor...

...blue refractor, numbered to 199 copies...

...black refractor, numbered to 100 copies...

...sepia refractor, numbered to 75...

...gold refractor, numbered to 50 copies...

...red refractor, limited to 25 copies...


...atomic refractor, numbered to 10...

...dynamic die-cut insert...


...cyan printing plate...


...and magenta printing plate.

With the yellow plate now in hand, I'm missing only the black to give me all four from this set.  Who knows if it will ever surface, after all it took me well over 12 months of searching to find the yellow one.  It's a good feeling to have it in hand.  Here's an update on my Adrian Gonzalez Red Sox collection:

Adrian Gonzalez Red Sox Cards - Count

Total Cards - 85

#'d /2011 - 1
#'d /999 - 1
#'d/562 - 1
#'d/199 - 1
#'d/100 - 2
#'d/99 - 1
#'d/75 - 1
#'d /60 -2
#'d/50 - 2
#'d/25 - 2
#'d/10 - 2
1/1 - 9
Relics - 2
Silk - 1
Autographs - 3
Printing Plates - 8
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...