Friday, September 5, 2014

Six Pack of Sox from COMC

Work has been flat out, as usual I have roughly five minutes of free time for my hobby at most in a given day, so here's a quick six pack of Red Sox I picked up earlier this year from everyone's favorite hobby site, COMC:

This Alfredo Aceves parallel combines four of my favorite elements on a baseball card; the Boston Red Sox, a colored parallel, a great photo, and shininess!

Like virtually every other collector out there, I've already got a complete 1987 Topps set.  This one's a Topps Tiffany card though!  It's also not every day that I get to add a new card to my Red Sox collection that features the great Tom Seaver, who made just the last 16 appearances of his Hall of Fame career with Boston.

The 2011 Topps Diamond Anniversary parallels feel like the team set that I'll never complete.  I must have 15-20 of these at least from the flagship set at this point, yet there are still more to go.  Then there's the Update series.  The novelty has worn off a bit and these aren't as groundbreaking as they were 3 or 4 years ago, but I intend to finish it off nonetheless!

Here's another Tiffany card, 1991 Greenwell style.  This is actually a "bookend" card, the very last slot in the 792-card checklist belongs to Mike.

I guess people aren't big on 2011 Bowman, or else I just got a total steal on this card, because this orange parallel, serial numbered to 250 copies, set me back all of $.52!  I like the random photo of Ortiz flexing his muscle, something a little different that you don't see every day.

Closing things out we've got a nice Wal-Mart blue parallel of Xander Bogaerts' RC from this year's flagship product.  I never shop at Wal-Mart, so online or trading are basically my only chances to get a crack at these parallels.  I've heard a lot of talk recently on Boston sports radio about Xander having a disappointing year, but I constantly have to remind myself that this kid is still just 21 years old!  I am definitely firmly in the "this guy still has a bright future" camp when it comes to Bogaerts.  So are a lot of other collectors apparently, given what his cards sell for on the secondary market.

That's all for today, got some great cardboard to show off this weekend, if I can only find the time...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...