Monday, February 2, 2015

One Card Post - Gronk!

What:  2010 Topps #148 - Rob Gronkowski RC
Where:  COMC
How Much?:  $.55

Why?
:  I don't collect football cards, because baseball and hockey alone are more than enough to keep me busy.  I do enjoy watching NFL football though, and thanks to the relaxed one-game-per-week schedule I can honestly say I've seen every single Patriots game for the past 20 years or so.  Throughout that stretch, no player has been more fun to watch than Rob Gronkowski.  I honestly think he's maybe the only guy in the league who would continue to show up and play for free even if you tore up his contract because he enjoys it that much.  It's been a lot of fun watching him drag clinging defenders down the field these past few seasons.  Snagging his rookie card for a mere $.55 was a no-brainer.

Other
:  That was some game last night, regardless of who you were cheering for.  Sure, a couple of calls got missed.  I can think of a missed tripping call on a Pats cornerback, and a huge missed roughing the kicker penalty against Seattle off the top of my head.  Overall though, the penalties were minimal and that was about as exciting a football game as you're ever going to see.  I think I feel as bad for Seahawks fans as I do happy for the Patriots.  That last offensive play is going to go down as one of the worst play calls in NFL history...


3 comments:

Marc said...

World Champions again. Awesome. A Gronk rookie for pocket change? Priceless.

Mark Hoyle said...

I'll have to grab a Gronk. Great game

Mark Kaz said...

I still shake my head about the fact that Buffalo passed on him in the Draft. I mean, he's a local kid plus the fact that they have't had a really good tight end since...well, since...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...