Friday, February 13, 2015

One Card Post - Marquee Gehrig

What:  2011 Topps Marquee #19 - Lou Gehrig
Where:  COMC
How Much?:  $1.07

Why?
:  I'm really starting to love the 2011 Topps Marquee set.  I paid no attention to it at the time of its release, as I don't purchase high-end, hit-based product, and never would have forked over the ridiculous amount that I'm sure was required for a hobby box.  The photographs are fantastic though, and I'm a sucker for minimal design with full-bleed photos, so I've grabbed quite a few singles for around a buck or less over the past year.

Other
:  I'm ashamed to admit this is just the 7th Gehrig card I've picked up.  How could someone so significant in the history of the game be so poorly represented in my collection?


4 comments:

Brian said...

I waffle on whether or not to collect new cards of retired players - but I probably wouldn't have any Gehrigs, Ruths, Cobbs, etc. if I only went after the cards issued during their playing days. Marquee does look very nice. I only recently heard about it, I haven't seen any at the LCS or the local shows.

shoeboxlegends said...

Thanks Brian! By the way, great job with your blog. I've added you to my blogroll which serves as my reading list so you've got a new fan!

Mark Kaz said...

Yup, Marquee is an awesome set! I think I have a card or two, including Jackie Robinson which I found in a dime box a couple years ago.

Mark Hoyle said...

I'm going to have to find a couple of these

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...