Friday, September 18, 2015

One Card Post - A New '52!

What:  1952 Topps #179 - Frank Smith
Where:  Antiques store in Glocester, RI
How Much?:  $6

Why?
:  I had a couple of hours free this afternoon, and decided to take a quick ride over to an antiques store about 20 minutes from my house.  I'd been by there about a year ago with my wife, and noticed some boxes of cards for sale.  I didn't have time to dig in then, but it's been on the back of my mind ever since.  Boy am I glad I took a ride over!

Today I found the same boxes again, and there was some really nice vintage cardboard there.  It was priced a little above what I'd be willing to pay though, at least I thought.  $20 for this Frank Smith card?  1952 Topps is a nice set and all, but no thanks.  That's when I saw the sign.  70% off sticker on ALL CARDS.  From $20 down to $6, into my pile Frank went!

When I think of all the times I've dropped $6 on basically nothing over the years, this seems like a real bargain, especially given that the card is in pretty great shape.

This is far from the best I found in the stack though, I'll have some more to post when I can find some time to scan in the rest!

1 comment:

Hackenbush said...

Sounds like a bit of picking lore to me. Can't wait to see the good stuff.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...