Friday, June 17, 2016

Quarter Box Quartet - Rusty Trumbo

Been a while since I did one of these, apologies for the juvenile post title.  Let's take a quick look at four cards plucked from the quarter box at my local hobby shop...

Quite frankly I was shocked to find this one in a quarter box in the condition it's in.  I wouldn't say it's mint but I'd say it's certainly near mint, and in better shape than the majority of my cards from the '60s.  Rusty may not be a HOFer, but he carved out a pretty impressive 23-year career.  More than happy to add this one to my vintage collection for a mere quarter.

Obviously I had no idea when I picked this one up that Mark Trumbo would be leading the league in home runs at this point in the season.  What a year he's putting together for the red hot Orioles so far.  20 home runs through 65 games is quite a feat.

My reasoning here was obvious.  What hockey fan wouldn't want this shot of one of John Davidson's legendary masks in their collection?

We'll finish it off today with a nice Gold Sparkle parallel of a future HOFer.  So many people collect Vlad that I could see this ending up in a trade package sometime down the line, but I've hung onto it so far because I like the photograph, and because the Gold Sparkle parallels work so well with Orioles cards.

Well, that's all I've got time for today.  I'll be back this weekend though.  Happy Friday and thanks for reading as always...

3 comments:

Mark Kaz said...

Good grabs! That JD mask is perfect!

Pro Set Cards said...

Nice to see Rusty the former Expo and Tiger get some love here. That JD mask is something special to behold.

Johnnys Trading Spot said...

Buck well spent!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...