Thursday, October 5, 2017

One Card Post - Niedermayer RC /25!

What:  2016-17 Upper Deck Fleer Showcase '92-93 Ultra Buyback #116 - Scott Niedermayer (#'d /25)
Where: eBay
How Much?:  $1.29 (plus shipping)

Why?
:  Given my love of the Topps baseball buybacks, it should come as no surprise that I am a big fan of the '92-93 Ultra buybacks in this year's Fleer Showcase hockey set.  These are tough pulls; there are just 25 of each in circulation, and I feel like I absolutely stole this one.  $1.29?  Really?  This guy's a HOFer, and this is his rookie card!  I chalk it up to defensemen just not getting a lot of hobby love.

I've got half a dozen of these now, five standard buybacks and one auto (Nick Lidstrom).  I think this one might be the best deal I got on any of them though.  Hell, I'd buy the remaining 24 copies of this card in a second at the price I paid for this one!

3 comments:

Chris said...

$1.29 is a heck of a bargain for a low-numbered Niedermayer buyback. If you can find more of Nieder (or any decent player) for that price, jump on it!

Fuji said...

Congratulations! That's one heck of a price.

Billy Kingsley said...

Cool! I need to start looking for these. I wasn't lucky enough to pull one from my box.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...